Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Inspirtaion: Literature....

I can't quite explain how wonderful this book is. The Bolter documents the life and the loves of the incomparable Lady Myra Idina Sackville, a woman of society during the early 1900's until her death
in 1955. The glorious descriptions and sensational writing is not all that captivates the audience. I find Sackville the most relatable woman ever to have existed, at least to myself. Her ideals, her views on relationships, her ability to continue through hardships make her the most admirable and truthful woman I have ever read about. The photo's inserted into the book make it all the more pleasurable.Clearly Lady Sackville was a trend-setter and at a time when the flappers were the creme-de-la-creme of style.

Last summer, this book travelled with me to the South of France. The spine of the book melted and although I had read it cover to cover no less than 8 times, the second we touched down in Liverpool I hunted high and low for another copy.

If you never read another book in your life, read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment